Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Meghan Peasant Dress

Here is the Meghan Peasant Dress by Sis Boom

This is a PDF pattern consisting of front and back bodice and multiple-sized sleeve options.  I made  cap sleeves.  There are also directions for cutting the skirt portion of the dress, which is made up of 2 rectangles.  I made my dress in a size small (4-6).


This dress is very quick and easy to sew up!  1/4" elastic is used in the neck, arms, and waist.  The pattern instructions are very easy to follow and well illustrated.



I will definitely be making several of these over the summer.  It is just such a nice, lightweight outfit for summer.




Fabric used:  Rayon Knit

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley

12 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! I actually have this pattern. I won it in a giveaway a while ago, although I never printed it out. I might need to, now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liza Jane! I had my check up with my surgeon yesterday and he is very pleased with how everything is coming along.

      Delete
  2. It looks great on you Shirley :D I do love a good peasant top/dress. Perfect for summer.
    I'm glad you are feeling better and things are coming along :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I had my last 50cc put in yesterday, so now I just have to wait for surgery #2 in October! The doctor said I will be much more comfortable after that.

      Delete
  3. You look fabulous, Shirley!!! I haven't made a peasant dress for an adult... plenty for kids, though. I think(?) I may have that pattern. It would look great as a top or tunic with leggings, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! Yes, I agree, a tunic with leggings would be great too! I really want to try making myself a pair of leggings. I have plenty of skirts now, so I need to focus on some other needs.

      Delete
    2. Hi Shirley, I featured your peasant dress today.

      Delete
  4. It looks great! Very flattering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I definitely want to make another one. I have a fabric where the edge of it is kind of that wavy look, so I think I'll try and line the bottom of the dress up with it.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi Penny! Here is a link that will take you to this dress pattern: https://www.sisboom.com/store/patterns/meghan-peasant/ I believe that I have also seen it on Etsy as well.

      Delete