Sunday, December 29, 2013

Jalie 3242 Underwear


View A
Bikini Low-Waist
Size 127 (K)


How does one photograph underwear for your blog?  I pinned it to this room divider thing we have.  Not the best photograph, but this pattern definitely deserves blogging about!  I have made the boys briefs using this pattern, and those are fantastic with an excellent fit.  One of my girls asked me a while ago to try making her a pair as well.  Since I forgot to buy some this weekend when we were at the store, I felt now would be as good a time as any to try it out.  She loves them!  This obviously takes so little fabric that you can make several very cheaply.  This took maybe 30 minutes from cutting out to finishing...if that.  They are really fun and easy to make.  So much so that I will try this pattern out for myself eventually.

For the waist, I purchased elastic from Sew Sassy Fabrics.  
For the legs, I used 1/4" braided elastic.

I finished sewing my son's wool coat!  I am now waiting on the toggle buttons to come in the mail.  After I attach them, I will be posting pictures of it.  I'm so excited and happy with the results.  It took me several hours, but I am hooked on making coats now.  

Thanks for stopping by ~ Shirley



5 comments:

  1. Ha ha.. It'll be much easier to photograph the coat than the underwear. Great job with the underwear! Happy New Year, Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Pam! I got a nice body form for my birthday that I can now start using to photograph on as a way to get closer to details too.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you made these, they look great! I haven't tried the boys yet - too afraid lol. I should though.

    Happy 2014 Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try the boys! My son loves them. I make all his underwear now. I learned how to use my blind hem foot and it is so easy to hem the legs. He doesn't care if I just zigzag them though. He is easier to please with my sewing than my girls are LOL.

      Delete
  3. This looks like a workhorse pattern - undies for everyone! These look like great undies, and I'm sure it's fun to try different fabrics and elastics.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!